ANIMAL ENTERPRISE animal rights Humane Society of the U.S. Puppy Protection Act dog breeders lawful
STOP DECEPTIVE BILL TO DESTROY LAWFUL DOG BREEDERS
While this legislation specifies regulatory requirements for "DEALERS," as called out and defined in H.R.1624 - the deceptively named Puppy Protection Act could be amended to the Animal Welfare Act (AWA) to include all dog breeders as a means to impose breeding limits, exercise mandates, temperature restrictions dangerous for puppies, and a rescue mandate.
H.R. 1624 is strictly animal rights driven legislation designed to harm legal, licensed, kennels simply because of the breeding of dogs works against the animal rights rescue industry.
Sponsors: Rep. Brian Fitzpatrick (R-PA)
This legislation contains:
- Unconstitutional breeding limits.
- Unenforceable exercise mandates.
- Unconstitutional limitation on the number of dogs one can own/breed.
- Rescue mandate for retired breeding dogs.
- Temperature restrictions that are dangerous for newly whelped puppies.
- Negative impact of this legislation would be that it drives legitimate breeders underground.