STOP DECEPTIVE LEGISLATION TO DESTROY LAWFUL DOG BREEDERS
While this legislation specifies regulatory requirements for "DEALERS," as called out and defined in H.R. 2840/S.1385 - the Puppy Protection Act, if passed, could and will be amended to include all dog breeders as a means to impose breeding limits, exercise mandates, limitation on the number of dogs one can own, temperature restrictions dangerous for puppies, and a rescue mandate. All unconstitutional.
Puppy Protection Act H.R. 2840/S.1385 is strictly animal rights driven legislation designed to harm legal, licensed, kennels simply because of the breeding of dogs works against the animal rights rescue industry.
Sponsors: Rep. Brian Fitzpatrick (R-PA) & Sen. Dick Durbin (D-IL)
Co-Sponsors to date: 83 in the House and 21 in the Senate; Referred to House Agriculture Committee and Senate Agriculture, Nutrition, and Forestry Committee.
This legislation contains:
- Unconstitutional breeding limits.
- Unenforceable exercise mandates.
- Unconstitutional limitation on the number of dogs one can own/breed.
- Rescue mandate for retired breeding dogs.
- Temperature restrictions that are dangerous for newly whelped puppies.
- Negative impact of this legislation would be that it drives legitimate breeders underground.